Tuesday, May 20, 2014

I've come to a conclusion.

So I'm pretty sure cat owners are murderers of some kind.
Before you jump on the de-fense, let me explain.

I have two dogs and one cat, and have lived with more than that in my 16 years of living, and I must say, cats are real assholes.

I say this mainly because think of it like this...

Scenario: You tossed and turned in bed ALL NIGHT last night. Not having gotten a very good night's sleep, you woke up WAY later than you were wanting to. You rush around the house, end up with toothpaste on your shirt and spill your coffee on your brand new pants on your way to work or school. You get there, late, and get yelled at because your boss/principal is having a bad morning himself and doesn't need your shenanigans today. You continue on with your day, every little thing that goes on making you want to cry and break things. FINALLY, you get home. It's such a relief that you can finally come home and be by yourself and break down, maybe take a nap. But oh darn... The house is locked, you have no idea where your keys went, and it decided to start pouring rain. You look around, your first idea is to climb through the window. Not a bad idea, so you pop it open and jump on in. On the way through the window, your new pants snag on a nail right outside the window sill and they rip! Those pants were like thirty bucks, man! Well, now you're inside. Everything seems normal.. until you see your couch. Your cat had its way with it and now it looks like it should be the new Lady GaGa outfit. Completely torn to pieces! Your dog sits at your feet at smiles at you lovingly. wagging his tail. Rather than smiling at him and petting him, you start to pace around the house and yell. Meanwhile, the dog sits in the corner and waits for you to settle down while the cat, completely unaware and uncaring of the situation, sits on top of the shredded couch, sleeping, not having flinched. When you can hardly talk anymore, you plop down on what's left of the couch and start to cry. The dog runs over and begins to lick your face, knowing you've had a bad day, and lays his head on your lap. Where's the cat? Licking himself on the counter, waiting for you to serve his royal highness, of course. You snuggle up to your dog and release all of your worries on to him and he's glad to relieve you of that stress. You fall asleep, hoping tomorrow will be a better day.

Let's look at the cat, shall we? Cats really don't give a shit. They don't. You can yell and scream and they just brush it off as if you're a nonexistent being. I don't know about you, but for me, that makes me even madder! Not to mention, I feel like cats are ALWAYS silently judging us.. Just look at this guy.


But when you yell at a dog, they think they did something wrong, and they get this face like, "Man, I'm so sorry! I don't know what I did for you to yell at me, but I take full responsibility! Please, let me make it up to you somehow!" and they get that face... We aaaaall know that face... I don't even need to put a picture up to show you, but I'm going to anyway for emphasis!


Does he not look super depressed? :'( 

Look, I'm not really trying to say dogs are better than cats... You could easily switch the roles around and it would be possible. I'm just saying, I've never met a decent cat except for my own, and even she kinda sucks sometimes. But I still love her. This is just my point of view. Cats probably don't REALLY make you murderers, which brings me back to the point I was trying to make. 

Every cat I've ever met will just sit there and you can scream and yell at them forever. And I feel like cats are the little devils on your shoulder who encourage you to do bad things. "Oh, Tim stole your tape and you took the heat for it? LET'S SLIT HIS THROAT." While the dog is the little angel, and he's all like, "Hey, maybe we can settle this in a nicer manner. Why not go up to him and be like, Hey fellow human! I don't appreciate what you've done, can you not? Thanks!" 

Unless of course you have a mean dog and a cat, well you're pretty much guaranteed to be a serial killer.

Sorry this is such a random post.. I've had so much stress in my life lately, I needed something to do with myself before I go crazy! So that being said, thanks for reading today, folks. It means a bunch. And I don't mean to preach, but for those of you who have animals, hug them and squeeze them and love them, and make sure they know they're loved. Not saying they don't know, but... you know what I mean. My animals are my entire world, sometimes the only things I have are them, and I am so so grateful! 

But anyway, thanks again. I'll try to post again soooooon!<3

-Tori(:

No comments:

Post a Comment