Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Question of the Day: Is it bad to be optimistic?

I think of myself as an optimistic person (or I try to be that way as often as I can), and I feel that people get irritated... Do people not like being happy? Because it feels that way. 

That song by Pharrell Williams called "Happy" is legitimately my theme song. (If you haven't heard it, click here)

This post might seem a little off topic from the title, just to warn you. 

I think the thing that bothers me the most about some people is when they put someone else down for what they love and what makes them happy... I see it all the time. 

"You like such and such band/artist? HAHAHA they're gaaaay." (NUMBER ONE THING I HEAR ALL THE FRICKN TIME.)

"Ew I can't believe you like him?" (Common high school comment)

"That's a stupid movie." 

"You're not REALLY friends with blahblah, are you?" (Another common high school comment)

"That brand sucks!"

"Don't you ever talk about anything besides that??" 

Funny story about that one... You ever meet those people who seem to only have one thing on their mind all the time? And they talk about it NONSTOP? Well, I know one. She's a sweet girl, honestly, but all she ever talks about is her nephew... I'm glad she loves him and everything but after a while, that was all that would come out of her mouth. It used to drive me crazy. It wasn't until I talked with my mom that I understood a different point of view. She enlightened me on the fact that maybe that's all she has that brings her happiness in her life... And I finally realized. If you knew her, you would understand. Her home life isn't the best, and.. well yeah. I won't say anything else.

There's SO many other things I could say.

The important thing is whether you realize it or not, whatever it may be, that could be the only thing that really brings joy to their life.

That's all for today, guys! Thanks for reading! KEEP SMILING :) 


-Tori(:

No comments:

Post a Comment