Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine's Day Special Issue: Love

You'll NEVER believe what today is!?
Singles Awareness Day!

ALL DUH SINGLE LADIES! Putcha Hands Up!
...
Just me? Okay ;-;
Just kidding ;D
You're probably thinking, "Thanks for applauding my loneliness...."

Hehehe... :P It's okay.. You're not alone... (Get it, not alone, because I'm alone with you...? Ha ha, funny.)


On the subject of loneliness, I saw a LOT of this goin' on today:











They should make a support group for the singles xD That would be kinda funny.

Anywhore.

Alright, everybody. It's February, the month of love, or whatever, and I feel like voicing how I feel about the whole thing. So prepare to read my opinion, because that is what will be talked about here today...?


First thing's first...
What is the meaning of "love"?
I talked to a good friend of mine the other day, and he asked me that. And I said:

"Well.. I know I'm only 15, but my idea of love is someone to share your life, love, happiness and togetherness with. Someone to celebrate being IN love with, I guess? If you know what I'm trying to say... Then again, its hard to say love really has a definition, right?"

HAAA, no. At least, not that last bit.

He then told me this:

"I disagree. Love is easy to define. Love is "wanting the best for the other person." Now, the definition of what is the best can be different. Letting someone go and letting them move on can be love. Settling down and marrying and having kids can be love. Anyone who tells you "If you loved me, you would..." and fill in the blank with whatever you want, that person is not concerned with love - they want people to do what they say. Love is not an emotion. Emotions come and go very quickly - ever woken up on the wrong side of the bed and you're angry for no reason? True love is not an emotion. You definitely have emotions for someone you love - happiness, concern, joy, contentment, etc. But love itself isn't a fickle emotion. And that's love of any type - love for a boyfriend, love for a friend, love for a sibling. It's all about wanting to help someone be the best version of themselves. I think once we take off that Hollywood mask of love being this giant, emotional mess where love makes everything perfect and shiny and happy and really look at love, we realize that love isn't that. It's being together in good times and bad, about being a true friend and the person willing to sit someone down and say "We need to talk.""

I really, really agree with him on all of that.

Aaaand then Valentine's Day comes along, so happy and cheery with all of it's love and happiness, and joy and laughter and other that other mush....

Don't get me wrong, I'm perfectly fine with mush.. Sorta. Just not... Today.... >:|


It's not only because I'm single. I could honestly care less.. The thing I hate about Valentine's Day is this:

Hearts get mended,
Whilst some get broken,
Songs get written,
Sad words get spoken.

Flowers live,
Love dies,
And even though it shouldn't
Some love lies.

Don't hate, I came up with that off the top of my head ;)
But basically, people get together, they break up, some end up still happily in relationships, and some... Well, obviously not. Flowers from Valentines stay alive, but the love sometimes dies, and some relationships are a big lie in themselves.

If that made sense...

I just looked at google to find a picture for V-Day, and there are SO many that describe my feelings!!

For example:

And that's that... Chinese food. Adios.

Torie(:

No comments:

Post a Comment