Thursday, December 20, 2012

Half Confession/Half Warning-Type-Thing

*WARNING*
I am NOT talking about religion, what's right and wrong, who's God and who's not, and I'm NOT trying to be preachy, so I would certainly love it if you would not accuse me for trying to brain-wash you all. Thank you. You have been warned.

My half confession is this: I'm not exactly religious, like everyone (most of my friends) believe I am. I used to be... But I suppose you could say that I've lost faith in these past few months, possibly years? My personal point of view, I'd rather not put up here, because the last thing I want is for someone to do something... Bad? Who knows. For a while, I didn't believe there was a God. He took both my grandpa and my uncle, and almost took my dad, made my puppy sick, and to me, it didn't seem like there was any reason. But then, he goes and saves my dad's life with a tree. Yeah, my dad rolled his semi off an embankment, and he would've died if it weren't for some tree, keeping his whole semi held up. It didn't really click with me until my mom said it out loud: "He was held up by a tree? Come on, a tree can't hold up a damn semi truck." She was implying He had something to do with this.

The only reason I bring up religion by the way, is because I don't know where I stand. I was invited to a party with my friend, and it turns out, it was a church-y Christmas gathering. I think she told me it was a party because she thought I'd reject going to church.. I don't know, just an assumption. And obviously, in church, normally you pray. Well, we bowed our heads to pray, and everyone had their eyes closed, and were serious, and I just stood there, secretly watching. I didn't feel like I belonged. It was awkward, and since that night, I've been questioning myself, and everything around me. I mean, with all the chaos going on tomorrow, who knows what'll be handed to us to deal with.. 

Something to think about, if you wish to do so.

Sorry if I've offended anybody, I didn't do so intentionally, and I apologize again.

Next post will be zombies and stuff. :D I promises.

OH! And, Lord of the Rings.
I've recently begun to fangirl over it...

Okay, bye

Torie(:

No comments:

Post a Comment